- Set your goals
- Be specific with your workout days and time allotment
- Determine who you will split up your body parts for training: Back & Chest or Back & Biceps or Chest, shoulders and triceps (infinite possibilities!)
- Get a notebook and list all the exercises you know how to do for each body part.
- Cycle 1: Pick 3-4 exercises for larger body parts (legs and back) and 2-3 for smaller ones (chest, shoulders, biceps and triceps).
- Cycle 2: repeat #5 but use different exercises.
- Keep a workout log!
- Review the body part training podcasts for more info!
If you listen to the podcast and find you have questions about design, please leave a comment and I can answer on the blog.
The Fitness Makeover Kit covers in detail training program design as well as exercise instruction, mindset and nutrition. The FitnessMakeover.com web site has been redone and is almost fully complete, check it out!
Link to Fit 024:Training Program Design