Oops...in this episode I announce it as #234 when I meant #233!
News: Blowout Sale at the ProShop!We are moving to an all digital format so we are dropping the price on DVD workouts.
** [ This only applies to DVDs purchased via the ProShop, not valid on other online retailers.]**
All our DVDs are 50% off!
Plus a few other items are on sale, check it out!
If you'd like to save another 20% off, be sure you have signed up for the VIP list or newsletters, as we will be sending out coupon codes soon!
Want a free gift?A big thanks to all those who responded to my email with their questions, struggles and suggestions. You'll be receiving your charms soon!
When I use yours in the podcast, I'll send you the IAmStrongAndPowerful.com Charm combo with lobster claw clasp that you can hook to a necklace, your purse or keychain:
Speaking of gifts....If you need unique gift ideas check out: TotallyUniqueGifts.com for one of a kind items!
Watch your drink calories during the holidays! We all like our special beverages, just be sure to balance it with consistent exercise and good eating habits.
The most popular holiday drink at Starbucks in November and December is the peppermint mocha. Here's the stats on that and a few other holiday time drinks:
- Peppermint mocha 16-ounce serving is 470 calories and 22 grams of fat (including 13 grams of saturated fat). A better alternative would be a smaller one, a 12-ounce and order it with nonfat milk and no whipped cream. That drops the calories in half: 220 calories and 2 grams of fat (none of which are saturated).
- Pumpkin Spice Latte (coffeehouse) made with pumpkin spice flavors, espresso, steamed milk, and whipped cream. Per 16-ounce serving: 410 calories 51 g carbohydrate 17 g fat 10 g saturated fat 55 mg
- Margarita-not my first idea of a holiday drink, but it is lower in calories than some! Made with limeade, tequila, triple sec, and ice it has per 9 ounce serving( not including ice): 408 calories 25 g carbohydrate 0 g fat 0 g saturated fat 0 mg
- White Russian, made with vodka, coffee liqueur, and 1 1/2 ounces liquid light whipping cream. Per serving: 355 calories (or 286 if you use half-and-half instead of whipping cream) 14 g carbohydrate 13 g fat (5 if using half-and-half) 8 g saturated fat (3 if using half-and-half)
- Eggnog (regular store-bought, not including any added liquor) Per 1-cup serving: 350 calories 34 g carbohydrate 19 g fat 11 g saturated fat 149 mg
- Hot Chocolate (coffeehouse), made with steamed milk, mocha syrup, vanilla syrup, and whipped cream) Per 12-ounce serving: 320 calories 38 g carbohydrate 16 g fat 9 g saturated fat
Listen to the podcast to find out what to do to get yourself motivated to workout when you are tired from a long work day or you find it's too cold and dark to get out of bed!
If you'd like to see more written for each subject, let me know via email or my Facebook page!
There are many different version of the 12 days of fitness, so I thought I'd do one for you too!
Click below to download the 12 Days of Fitness Log and see how you do! Day one is December 20. The 12 days from Dec 20-31 is when most people fall off the exercise wagon, so these little fitness focuses should help you stay on track!
12 DAYS OF FITNESS DOWNLOAD.
Get all the most recent episodes on iTunes or download this episode here:
Fit 233 Holiday Fitness, Drinking Calories, Get Motivated