NUTRITIONEssential Fatty Acids are important for weight loss, memory, muscle gain, joint support and so many more vital body functions! Since most people don't get enough EFAs, it's a supplement you may want to consider! In this podcast, I try to narrow down some of the scores of information out there on EFAs, such as Udo's Oil High Lignan 3-6-9 Blend.
Here are some of the highlights:
What are EFAs?
- EFAs cannot be made by the body, thus must be supplied through the diet
- Two basic categories of EFA's: Omega-3 and Omega-6
- EFAs are the good, "fitness" fats ans are unsaturated
- can improve skin and hair
- reduce blood pressure
- aid in prevention of arthritis
- lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels and reduce risk of blood clot formation.
- EFAs are essential for rebuilding and producing new cells.
- best dosages for health are 1-3 grams, and up to 5g/day.
- Check with your doctor before beginning any new supplement, s some medications can have negative interactions with EFAs.
- Take EFAs throughout the day, liquid form is better than the pill form
- It is beneficial to rotate/change your source of EFAs every 10 days ie- change brands since many are vary in ratios.
EXERCISEGet Fit TV: Video instruction of one of my favorite times saver combinations: squats and shoulder press!
MOTIVATIONDaily Goals: sometimes reaching a goal is much easier in little pieces. From my twitter daily motivations: Set a goal for yourself each day. Many little accomplishments add up to a big result! Having a small or simple daily goal can provide the motivation you need to stick to your long term plan. Examples:
- walk 5 minutes more on the treadmill
- do 10 chair squats at my desk before lunch
- drink 1 glass of water 30 minutes b/f dinner or lunch
Here's a link to the show: Fit 079 Essential Fatty Acids, Get Fit TV, Daily Goals