News: its not completely ready but the exercise video library is open! Explain my reason for creating it and what to expect.
Also, QuickFit Club is in development and moving quickly! Be sure to go to quickfitclub.com to get first notification and news.
I've got 16 ways to burn stubborn body fat to tell you about! But...... I'm going to break into the next four podcasts so you can focus on a few to master and see results! And so that I can hit the other topics in this episode! Let's get to the other stuff you can do to get leaner.
1) Don't diet to extremes. Reducing calories by 15-20% a day will almost exclusively burn fat while larger cuts in calories will burn a combo of muscle tissue and fat. Muscle drives the metabolism and calorie burning. If you're currently eating 3000 calories, reduce to 2400-2550, but do so according to smart guidelines. Quality calories are usually lower in calories than junk.
2) Graze all day. Professional athletes and models eat all day long yet keep their total calories under control. The grazing method, 5-6 small meals, elevates the metabolism. Each time you eat, your metabolism increases, and over a 6-10 week period, that increase can parlay into another 2-3 pounds of fat loss.
3) Increase Protein. Carbs, protein and fat are equal in their efficiency to be stored as body fat, but protein exerts a greater metabolic boosting effect than carbs or dietary fat. When calories drop, protein saves muscle which helps keep the metabolism elevated. Aim for 1.2 grams per pound of body weight daily. Do you know how many grams you are eating? Many people don't and once they track it they can make the change and break plateaus!
4) Play with Carbs. Carbs help retain your metabolic boosting muscle, yet they can stimulate fat storage. Staggering your carbohydrate intake is one of the most effective ways to jump start your metabolism and to burn stubborn fat fast. Day 1 you have a little more carbs than normal, maybe 50 grams, Day 2 you have your regular amount of carbs and then Day 3 you reduce carbs by 50 grams. Of course, you can mix this up however you like, that is just an example. The point is that your overall calories are reduced but your body doesn't become accustomed to any one carb set point.
More Nutrition Tips in the next podcast...
Here are 3 Powerful Motivation Tips to get you to ripped abs!
Tip #1: Tell your friends and family about your goals.
Telling your acquaintances about your goals is a great tool. Some will take you seriously and some won't. But the reasoning behind this is that they can help you be accountable and therefore stay on track. People generally respect your goals and when you are honest about your goals with them, they can be willing to help you out.
Tip #2: Set goals with a partner or friend.
Often times having a workout partner or a dieting parter will make things better for everyone. Besides a little competition, some encouragement from a workout buddy makes a huge difference. Pick someone that you enjoy being with and someone that you know will help you when you feel a bit down on your self. Friends are incredible at picking one up and making us feel great. If you can't coordinate with a friend, then a personal trainer can be your “buddy.” If you can't afford a trainer for each workout, then remember that Even a once a week workout with a trainer will keep you accountable and one track! Plus, you know that on the other days, the trainer will still know that you did (or didn't) do a workout, since trainers tend to be at the gym at all hours!
Tip #3:Three: Write down your goals and visions/aspirations.
Get a notepad right this moment, and jot down all of your goals and visions of success. On a piece of paper make a line down the middle. In one side have your "goals" and the other have "aspirations"
Here's an example:
Goal #1: Lose 10 pounds this month.
Aspiration #1: Lose 10 pounds so I can buy a new pair of jeans.
Your aspiration is your vision of success. Make sure each is in detail and try to make them very personable. Soon you will develop these mental images and the way you view your goals. At times when you have low energy or want to skip a workout, pull out your sheet and read your goals and aspirations out loud. Sound kind of weird? Who cares! It works. Professional athletes do it everyday. Why not you?
Getting in top shape is harder than it looks. It takes discipline and full commitment. The rewards are priceless and so is the amount of confidence you get when you know you feel good, look good and have a sense of accomplishment! Or even if you simply just want to live an incredible healthy lifestyle and carrying on that mindset to your family and kids, is absolutely worth it. Stay focused, stay in the fight and we will see you in the beaches of the world sporting your ripped abs.
Top training tips to kick your program into high gear (Part 1)
- Challenge the wall!
Add wall sits to the end of every workout (or run) to challenge and strengthen your quads, hamstrings and glutes, improving your speed and endurance. Lean against a wall with your feet shoulder-width apart, then squat until your knees are bent at 45 degrees. Hold for 30 to 60 seconds; work up to doing 10 sets. Add a challenge by including heel raises: Lift your left heel, then the right.
- Chart Your Progress
Stay motivated using a fitness report card. Jot down your focus areas, such as: Cardio, Conditioning, Flexibility, Consistency and Attitude. Set goals (for example, doing 10 full push-ups) and grade yourself A through F at least four times a year. When you see how much you improve, you'll want to stay in great shape.
- All-in-One Exercises
Add some combination exercises to your routine. These will work your core, posture and the muscles of the specific exercises too! Example: Lunges and shoulder press.
- Shovel It! Shoveling snow develops muscular endurance and power. It burns nearly 400 calories per hour, But be safe: Minimize the amount of snow on each shovelful, and bend from your knees and hips, not your back.
Get all the most recent episodes on iTunes or download this episode here:
Fit 211: Ripped Abs and Top Tips