What makes successful people successful? Sometimes the only difference between being successful and being average is having successful habits. Some examples of successful habits could be getting up earlier, doing thing when they need to be done, being prepared, or effective time management.
|Build Successful habits|
with this 30-day program!
So how do you start to build these success habits in your life? Here are 4 tips on creating successful habits.
- Identify and Find the areas in your life that need changing. Write down these new habits that need to be formed. Don't become overwhelmed at trying to figure out how you are going to form all of these habits.
- Pick 2 -Most people sabotage themselves by trying to change everything at once. Instead, pick one major and one minor habit that you want to form. For the next 30-90 days these will be the success habits that you will create.
- Start small-Now that you have your two success habits, create a daily or weekly routine that is easy to follow. For instance, lets say that you want to wake up an hour earlier so that you can get more successful things done. Instead of setting your alarm an hour earlier right at the beginning, only set it 2-5 minutes earlier every morning until you reach your goal. This way it would take you 30 days or 12 days respectively to create your success habit. Remember, the best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.
- Repeat - Once you have created your new habits move on to the next 2 success habits that you want to create. Before you know it you will have created a whole new life full of success filled habits.
Just imagine where you will be in one year if you follow these four keys to creating successful habits. If it takes you only 60 days to create 2 habits, you will have created 12 success habits in just one year!
- Don't Be Cardio Crazy! Radically reducing calories slows the metabolism short circuiting fat loss. Same is true with radical caloric expenditure. Excess cardio slows the metabolism, promotes a loss in muscle and even can lower testosterone levels. (You know: 2 cardio sessions a day. ) For real results, stick to 4-6 sessions a week, 30 - 45 minutes at a clip and maintain a high level of intensity.
- Separate Cardio From Weight Training. What happens when you do cardio first and follow it up with weight training? You don't build as much muscle density. How about cardio after training? You risk overtraining and the negative hormonal environment that can stifle the metabolic rate. The best scenario: hit the cardio in the morning-on an empty stomach then get in a few meals and return to the gym later in the day to build muscle density.
- Serotonin Control. Serotonin is a brain chemical that helps controls hunger. Guess what? It can take a nose dive with dieting. One way to prevent a drop; smaller, more frequent meals.
- Garlic! Mother Earths flavor enhancer stimulates adrenaline and uncoupling proteins (UCP). Adrenaline triggers fat breakdown and UCP, increase calorie burning and are conveniently located in metabolically active brown fat. Garlic also controls cortisol levels which supports muscle retention while dieting. For best results use fresh raw garlic in your salads or on your other meals, but if you can't handle raw garlic then use fresh bulbs in your cooking or give supplements a try. Bet you always wondered what that was for!
Maximize your results with these workout tips!
- Better Crunches- Don't relax your abs as you return to the floor when doing crunches! Keep them tight all the way down!
- Ramp up Your Push-Up - Start in a plank position. If you're strong, cross your ankles; otherwise, jump your feet wide apart. Do a push-up, then jump your feet together or uncross your ankles.
- Paddle For Flatter Abs- Rowing power comes from your core. Do a kayak motion with bands or dumbbells or attach a band to a low, fixed object, then sit with legs extended, knees slightly bent and "pretend" kayak! Make sure to bring back your elbow as you turn. Alternate sides (of course!).
- Run Routine Makeover - Throw some sprints into your routine. They burn mega calories and help maintain muscle. As opposed to distance running which can burn muscle for energy (Not what you want!). Do Sprints of 10- to 60-second and slow down just long enough to catch your breath!
- Sculpt Your Butt- Working muscles and connective tissues buried deep in your body helps work the core and shape you glutes! Target the glutes with high-intensity squats, such as jump squats. Repetitions of 2-10 will do! Add this to your cardio routine for extra burn!
Get all the most recent episodes on iTunes or download this episode here:
Fit 213: Beat Plateaus, Maximize Results, Create Successful Habits!