Whichever it may be, you need to maintain Consistency & Motivation to get in shape and stay in shape! Here's some ways to stay on track!
What helps motivation? These three things:
- Staying on track is motivating!
- Consistency brings results which are motivating as well!
- Think about the payoff of your workouts to improve consistency.
- Use your self talk to work for you.
- Your inner voice should encourage you!
- Listen to the little Personal Trainer on your shoulder (not the couch potato).
- Deadlines help increase motivation by creating a sense of urgency.
- Planning your workout cycles and having a set start and finish date will give you the urgency to stay on your plan.
- Having an endpoint relieves the mind of stress.
- Be realistic with your time and your plan.
- Remember, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail!
- Knowing your purpose, what is that payoff for this work?
- Determine what motivates you. It can be different for everyone.
- Use the Fitness Jar for rewards.
The Fitnessmakeover Kit has more details, worksheets and examples to help you with planning, prioritizing and defining your purpose.
Link to Fit 045 Consistency & Motivation